You can almost hear the collective sigh of relief from those of us who’ve now come to the end of the exam period road. Now, all we have to do is wait for the results. But amongst us there are year 10 parents, the next cohort of GCSE studying families, considering the trek ahead as they leave the relative comfort of year 10 to the adventure that is exam year. So just what is the best foot forward on this journey?
To end season 3 of The Study Sessions Podcast we’re thinking about the next cohort and how to prepare for success. Nathan McGurl, founder of The Study Buddy, is joined by Rachel Stuart – academic coach and founder of The Mindset Lab.
In this episode we’ll be covering:
· Is the summer a good time to think about academic goals?
· How do you go about setting academic goals?
· How much should students/parents think about mock previous exams in preparing for 2023 GCSEs?
· Are there coaching ‘tricks’ that parents can use to help motivate their children?
· What should students (and parents) have in place to start the next academic year on the right foot?
This podcast series talks to a range of experts, parents and students about studying, with practical tips on surviving and thriving in revision and exams. Why not take a look back over the last three seasons’ episodes for a wealth of tips and advice?
Produced by Pineapple Audio Production.