The end of exams brings with it an almost palpable lifting of a weight. The hard work has been done – or not – and now all you have to do is wait. And I say “all” like it’s easy in itself. For some this waiting period can be a little fraught too. So what are the best ways to approach this hinterland between exams, results and our little darling’s next steps?
This week, Nathan is joined by Andy Scott-Evans. Andy is the Head Teacher of Becket Keys Church of England School in Essex where he has been head for nearly 10 years.
In this episode we ask:
- Do you think it’s worth trying to pick over the bones of their freshly sat exam?
- There’s a temptation to say “oh well they don’t really matter” if things haven’t gone well. Weighing the relative importance of GCSEs for students
- How best to use the time between now and the results (and the start of next term)
- Should students be mindful of their CVs during this time?
- Advice for results day and aftermath