It’s a new school year! Hurrah…..
In the past there might have been a level of nervous excitement about going back. Even if every young person in the country would honestly prefer to have a life-long summer holiday.
But, 2020 isn’t like any other year. As a result, the return to school for our teens has a Covid-shaped shadow over it. Not only have many of them not stepped foot in a classroom for almost 6 months, but they’ve seen:
- a bit of a debacle with this years’ exams;
- shifting sands over social distancing and safety in school; and
- unanswered questions about next year’s GCSE exams.
This first episode of Season Two of The Study Session Podcast from The Study Buddy looks at, unsurprisingly, going back to school.
14: Making Maths Count: Overcoming barriers to master Maths GCSE – The Study Sessions: from The Study Buddy
- 14: Making Maths Count: Overcoming barriers to master Maths GCSE
- 13: Taking Stock of the Mock: What dry run exams are – and are not – good for.
- 12: Revising Boys: A look at why it is [typically] difficult to get boys to study
- 11: The Study Trinity: Fostering great relationships between teachers, parents, and students
- 10: English Proper: The importance of revising for English GCSEs
Our students have talked to us about their concerns for this coming GCSE year. In this episode Nathan McGurl – founder of The Study Buddy – discusses those with Charles Fillingham – Headmaster at Francis Holland School – and Kevin Aires – founder of September Ready Go.